The National Theatre of Scotland is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal data provided by you to us will be held and processed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
As part of our work we may collect information about you. We will only use the information we collect about you lawfully. We will not share (sell trade or rent) your personal information with anyone else. The National Theatre of Scotland does not sell its mailing lists to advertisers.
Your internet browser may allow you to stop receiving cookies; to find out more about this please refer to your browser help files.
Social Media House Rules
The National Theatre of Scotland is active on many social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo and YouTube. These channels provide a space where our audiences and theatre enthusiasts in general can engage with us and each other. To make sure this is a safe and welcoming environment for everyone, we have some house rules for engaging on these platforms.
- We welcome your views, both positive and negative.
- We wish the National Theatre of Scotland’s social media channels to be a welcoming and beneficial space.
- Please remember that your content is public and that you are legally responsible for what you say.
- When conveying your thoughts, please do not use offensive language towards us or others.
- We do not tolerate posts which
o bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation
o are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
o are deceptive or misleading
o infringe or violate someone else's rights
o breach the law
o breach any intellectual property rights
o are spam, including persistent negative/abusive tweeting in which the aim is to provoke a response
o are irrelevant or off-topic
o are disruptive
o are repetitive
- We do not tolerate trolling. By repeatedly contacting us with the same point, even if we’ve contacted you to address your issue with you directly, you discourage other people joining in.
Removal of content, warnings and suspensions
- If you breach any of the above rules we will take the following steps:
o We will always try to resolve the issue first directly with anyone who infringes ourhouse rules
o If this doesn’t work we may moderate or delete posts.
o We reserve the right to block followers from our pages for serious infringements or repeat infringements of our house rules
Please report abuse or inappropriate behaviour. If you are offended by someone’s post please report it to the platform’s helpdesk. If you would like content to be removed by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our channels are not monitored 24 hours a day. We will endeavour to respond to any enquiries as quickly as possible. If your enquiry is urgent you can contact us during our office hours (10am – 6pm, Monday – Friday) on email@example.com or call +44 (0) 141 221 0970.